School Resource Officer
The City of Snoqualmie and the Snoqualmie Valley School District partner to have a School Resource Officer (SRO) dedicated to school safety, providing community resources, and enforcing laws in school settings.
Located on the main campus of Mount Si High School, the SRO provides services to all elementary, middle and high schools in the district.
The SRO is a problem solver who informs and coordinates positive courses of action with school administrators, teachers, students, parents, mental health professionals, and community stakeholders.
Safety Expert and Law Enforcer
- Assumes primary responsibility for handling calls for service from district schools
- Conducts safety and security inspections
- Recognizes students that require assistance; advises and mentors
- Patrols school facilities, grounds and traffic routes
- Takes appropriate action with unauthorized persons on school property
- Enforces truancy laws and policies
- Monitors and takes action for student bullying, disorderly behavior, and criminal activity
- Informs school personnel about law enforcement matters
- Coordinates the response of other police resources
- Responds to off-campus criminal behavior that involves students
- Provides information to investigative units as needed
- Attends school events such as assemblies