Salish Lodge Expansion
Snoqualmie City Council Members approved the Planned Residential and Planned Commercial Industrial (PR/PCI) Master Plan application submitted by the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe for expansion of the Salish Lodge & Spa. The Salish Lodge & Spa is a five-star destination hotel located at Snoqualmie Falls. It is popular regionally as a getaway and accommodates guests from around the world.
The Muckleshoot Tribe, owner of the land, submitted a general land use application and master plan in April 2018 initiating the City of Snoqualmie review process.
The 49.6-acre project site is located approximately one mile north of downtown Snoqualmie. It is 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile uphill from Snoqualmie Falls Park and across State Route 202. The development will be visually screened by a steep grade and trees.
The entrance to the property is from Tokul Road, uphill from the Tokul roundabout (traffic control and safety infrastructure) on State Route 202.
The Salish Lodge & Spa expansion will include:
- Expanded hotel with up to 182 guest rooms
- 60 managed residences
- Meeting and event facilities
- Spa, fitness center, and swimming pool
- 12.5 acres of open space and forested walking trails
- Residential - Up to 150 homes of varying types and sizes, including affordable housing options
Watch a video about the project by Mayor Matt Larson.
Benefits to the Community
- Job creation for local residents.
- Increased attraction of visitors to Snoqualmie, increasing sales revenue to support the city's budget.
- Economic support of existing local businesses from hotel guests visiting other Snoqualmie businesses, such as restaurants, shops, and services.
- Increased collection of hotel/motel tax, which the City of Snoqualmie allocates each year to organizations that operate tourism events and/or facilities.