Salish Lodge & Spa Expansion
The Salish Lodge & Spa is a five-star destination hotel at Snoqualmie Falls with two restaurants, a specialty gift shop, and meeting space. It is very popular regionally as a getaway and accommodates guests from around the world who are visiting Snoqualmie.
A development agreement between the City of Snoqualmie and Gateway Cascades, LLC was entered into in 2004 for expansion of the Salish Lodge & Spa and development of residential property.
- Hotel - Up to 250 rooms
- Meeting, Conference, and Event Facilities
- Recreational Facilities
- Residential Development - Up to 175 single and multifamily homes
For details about the future development, please see a PDF of a presentation given by the City of Snoqualmie attorney (PDF) on May 9, 2016.
Distance from Snoqualmie Falls: 1/4 mile or more uphill from Snoqualmie Falls Park and across State Route 202. The development will be visually screened by a steep grade and trees.
Benefits to the Community
- Job creation for local residents
- Increased attraction of overnight visitors to Snoqualmie, which can increase sales revenue to support the City operations budget.
- Increased collection of hotel/motel tax, which the City allocates each year to organizations that operate tourism events and/or facilities
- Transportation mitigation fees from Muckleshoot Indian Tribe for partial funding of the Tokul Roundabout at the intersection of State Route 202, Tokul Road, and Mill Pond Road. The Tokul Roundabout creates a more effective and safe traffic flow to accommodate current traffic on SR 202 and future increased vehicles from the residential expansion.
2004: The City and Gateway Cascades enter into the Salish Expansion Development Agreement
2007: The Muckleshoot Indian Tribe purchases of Salish Lodge & Spa and expansion property through a bid process
2005 - 2012: Five amendments made to original agreement.
Approvals still required by City: Master Site Plan, residential subdivision, Binding Site Improvement Plan (hotel and associated facilities), building permits, construction approvals. No building permits have been applied for.