I-90 Ramp Project
The City of Snoqualmie is entering an agreement with the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) to construct an interim on-ramp from southbound Snoqualmie Parkway onto westbound Interstate 90 (I-90) to increase safety and traffic flow. The onramp will used during the period prior to the commencement of the I-90/SR 18 Interchange Improvement Project.
WSDOT has completed preliminary design plans for the “I-90 Ramp Project.” The existing signal-controlled right turn lane will be modified to create a free right turn protected by a traffic island. The Scale No. 25 weigh station will be closed to serve as a continuation of the on-ramp. Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-October 2019 with completion by the end of the year, weather permitting.
- WSDOT - approximately $600,000
- City of Snoqualmie - approximately $597,000,
- Snoqualmie Tribe - $75,000 (contribution to City of Snoqualmie match)
- City of Covington - $50,000 (contribution to City of Snoqualmie match)
- City of Maple Valley - $50,000 (contribution to City of Snoqualmie match)
- City of Snoqualmie - approximately $422,000. The City is considering funding options for the investment, which may include a temporary additional $20 vehicle license renewal fee.
Week of September 3, Bid Opening
Week of September 30, Contract Execution
Mid-October, Commencement of Construction
December 31, Substantial Completion (weather dependent)
Agreement (unsigned version)
Exhibit A - Map
Exhibit B - Cost Estimate
Exhibit C - Pavement Marking Plans
Exhibit D - Milestones
Auxiliary Ramp Pavement Markings (Preliminary)
Auxiliary Ramp Detour during Construction