Calling all Snoqualmie students in first through fifth grade – this contest is for you! Enter our Arbor & Earth Day Contest and create a poster or a poem on the theme “Protect Our Endangered Species.” Students will research an endangered species, pick their favorite, and write a poem or draw a picture of an endangered animal, insect, or sea life. The winning poem will be read at the event. Winning artwork will be displayed on a poster during the City of Snoqualmie Arbor and Earth Day celebration, held April 20 from 1-4 pm at Snoqualmie Community Park, 35016 SE Ridge Street. The winning poem will be read during the event.
Poster Contest Details
- Posters must be the original artwork of a student currently in the first through fifth grade at a school in Snoqualmie.
- Posters may be completed using markers, colored pencils, crayons, watercolors, ink, acrylics, tempera paints, or paint pens. No computer-generated art.
- Posters may be either 8.5 x 11 in. or 11 x 17 in. Include the artist’s signature in the lower right-hand corner of the poster. On a separate piece of paper, include your name, school name, and a parent’s name and contact information (phone or email) – turn this in with your poster.
Poem Contest Details
- Poems must be the original work of a student currently in the first through fifth grade at a school in Snoqualmie.
- Poems may be rhyming or non-rhyming.
- Limit poem to one, typed page using 12 pt. font. Include a title for your poem, your name, school name, and a parent’s name and contact information (phone or email).
Send Posters and Poems to:
City of Snoqualmie
P.O. Box 987
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Or Hand Deliver Posters and Poems to:
Snoqualmie City Hall
38624 SE River Street, Second Floor
Entries, both mailed and dropped off, must be received by April 15.
# # #
Gail Folkins, City of Snoqualmie
425-888-1555 / 425-275-7950