Mayor Matt Larson
Email Mayor Matt Larson
Term Expiration: 12/31/2021
Mayor Matt Larson is currently serving his fourth term as Snoqualmie's mayor. He has held many offices in Snoqualmie in the past including Mayor Pro Tem, City Council Member, chair of the Planning Commission, and Parks Board member. As an Advanced Certified Municipal Leader -- a certification earned through the Association of Washington Cities -- Mayor Larson enjoys serving in leadership roles in local and regional capacities.
“My wife and I have lived in Snoqualmie for nearly 20 years where we raised our four children. We consider Snoqualmie to be the most exceptional place we have ever lived and enjoy having fifteen members of our immediate and extended family reside in the Snoqualmie Valley.
“In addition to my municipal experience, I spent five years directing a large non-profit youth program and have experience running a small residential architecture business. This background has given me a unique perspective on the amenities and resources required to support the youth of our community, understand city planning, build private/public partnerships, and relate to the challenges of local small businesses and non-profit organizations.
“Serving as your mayor has been one of the most humbling, challenging and rewarding experiences of my life.”
Organizations for which Mayor Larson currently serves or has in the recent past.
- Economic Development Council of Seattle & King County, Advisory Board Member
- King County Bridges and Roads Taskforce, Member
- King County Flood District Advisory Board, Founding Member
- King County Metro Service Guidelines Taskforce, Member
- King County Regional Transit Committee, SCA Member Representative
- Mountains to Sound Greenway, Advisory Board Member
- Sound Cities Association (SCA), Past President
- Snoqualmie Valley Governments Association, Member
- Snoqualmie Sister Cities Association, President
- 2017 Best of the Valley – City Councilor or Mayor
- 2012 Elected Official of the Year by the Alliance of Eastside Agencies
2012 Elected Official of the Year
Mayor Matt Larson was named the 2012 Elected Official of the Year by the Alliance of Eastside Agencies (AEA), an association of more than 50 health and human-services organizations and governments serving East King County. Speaking to more than 90 people attending the AEA luncheon, Mayor Larson said he is grateful that Snoqualmie has been able to increase its funding for human services in recent years to create “healthy minds, hearts and souls” in the community.