The National Weather Service forecasts heavy rain and wind beginning today and continuing throughout the week. Wind is forecast at 10-17 mph with gusts as high as 23 mph.
Puget Sound Energy is preparing to deploy crews as needed. Download the myPSE app to track and report outages, check status and get estimated restoration times, or visit pse.com/outagemap.
- Never touch downed power lines because they might be energized. Stay at least 35 feet away from any downed line and call PSE at 1-888-225-5773 or 911 to report problems.
- Do not use a charcoal or gas grills to cook indoors or to heat your home. Both can cause a buildup of poisonous carbon monoxide gas.
- Always use flashlights instead of candles.
- Make sure to have emergency supplies on hand at home and in your vehicle, such as extra batteries, flashlights and food.
- Have a battery-powered radio ready to go.
- Charge cell phones and mobile devices in case the power goes out.
- Avoid opening and closing refrigerators and freezers more often than necessary. A closed refrigerator will stay cold for up to 12 hours.
- If the power goes out, turn off lights and unplug all appliances and sensitive electronic equipment, such as computers, to prevent an overload on your circuits when electric service is restored. Leave one light on to let you know when service returns.
# # #
City of Snoqualmie